Tuesday 11 October 2011

Stitch and Bitch

I have become an obsessive craftaholic.  I  spend way more time than I actually have, searching the internet, reading books and magazines collating a wish list of sewing projects, all of which I want to complete in a weekend.  I am a beginner only, so with a limited repertoire of sewing skills I am more often experiencing frustration as opposed to fulfillment!

I have recently shared this preoccupation with a few friends and family who I have since discovered I have a shared interest. Following the first viewing of our 'dream' house (hoping to move by the end of October), I had the immediate urge for one of our pending spare rooms to become a place for creative sewing.  When I mentioned it to my mum, mum and sister in law who were all keen to join me in the eve's.


So 'Stitch and Bitch' was born, a group of girls meeting up once a week to share sewing projects, skills and challenges. The group very quickly took form way before any offer on the house had been accepted.  So the first meet was scheduled for the end of September at my existing abode, amongst labelled boxes and bare walls.


I could not wait to begin sewing with my girls, so emailed all members with our first project, our patchwork sign. 

 




The project for our next meet is cushions.  Already my ambitious imagination is way over and above my actual sewing or artistic abilities.




Now its time for my book and bed.  How many pages can I manage tonight?  

Nice to see you again.
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment