Wednesday 9 November 2011

Our Proper Grown Up House


Our first house was the perfect two bedroom terrace house in a central location very near to where we both grew up.  Perfect for a couple fresh from graduating and starting out. It had so much character and was all ours, including the lave and plaster walls! We couldn't even put blue tack on the walls without them falling down. After 4 years of really good times and many parties in our fabulous kitchen it was time to move on.


We made the decision to move to a small village up the road where I was working at the time.  "Oh how I do like to be beside the seaside".  We were 26 years old, and we knew then this would be the place we would settle down to have a family.  After a few more years partying, frequenting the local pubs, getting to know the locals, lock ins, many very late nights back at ours, we were settled.  After coming to terms with the BIG 30, with the help of a few last burn outs, we did it, became a family of 3.  The house we brought when we moved to the village was not of our taste at all, it was not particularly attractive from the outside and had very little character inside, however the location was spot on.  After a few big changes to the property we ended up with a house we were very proud of.  We stayed for nearly 8 years.


Now here the three of us are, in our very 'proper grown up house'.  As I sit here writing this post, I can hardly believe we are living in the most beautiful victorian town house in the heart of the village.  Life just seems like it couldn't get any better right now, it's picture perfect.




So here is where all the ideas stored in a hand quilted indian silk A4 notebook from my favourite shop at the moment HomeSense, finally come to life and I am so excited if not a little overwhelmed by how much I want to do, and all before Christmas.


Now I am unpacked and ready to share some of my creations.  


I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, ideas, crafts and all.  So keep in touch, sign up and subscribe to "All Things PP" and I will share with you regular craft projects based around my personal past times; children, clothes, crafts and conversations.


Coming first is a hand embroidered Cath Kidston Elephant Cushion, perfect for Poppy and any little girl's room!  I can not wait to share this project which was inspired by the Cath Kidston Sew Book using Cath Kidston fat quarters I had sitting around.


Listening to Florence & the Machine, Ceremonials.  Musically Magical.

Nice to see you again!



No comments:

Post a Comment