Tuesday 12 February 2013

Like Mother Like Daughter



This post has been inspired by an article in this months Mollie Makes ... Like mother, like daughter.  The article features some fantastic business, mother and daughter partnerships, including Cambridge Satchel CompanyMiss PrintInk Kit and my favourite local haberdashery Eternal Maker.

It's a bit early for Mothers Day I know, but there is no harm in saying thanks today, tomorrow and any other day.  I would most certainly like to give thanks today to my mum.

I have a lot to thank my mum for at the moment.  Along with a long list of unconditional things my mum does all the time for me and my family, she has stepped up once more, in response to yet another one of my requests.

On March 2nd, I will be selling All Things PP products at my Craft Fair debut at the West Street Loft, Shoreham, hosted by MArKEt.  This was another one of my grand ideas, perhaps another rushed decision, as once I committed to the idea, the realisation that I would be 8 months pregnant in March gradually hit me.

So what did I do?  

As I always do and always have done, I called on my mum for help.  


My mum is amazingly talented when it comes to sewing, knitting and other crafty creations.  Since I can remember mum has had her sewing machine out, in the early days it was mostly about making her own clothes.  I recall dresses, skirts, jackets, patchwork quilts, roman blinds, cardigans and jumpers.  Then as she became 'Granny', there followed a variety of knitted toys, blankets and clothes.  

I have definitely inherited some of her creative bones, and although on a much smaller scale, I am really enjoying following in her footsteps.

 So when I asked, as she always did and continues to do so...she agreed to help.

So our mother, daughter relationship ventures into a new stage as we enter our 'business partnership'.  Not only will she help me out on the day, she has offered to share her talents and create products for sale.  Yipppppppeeee!

If you are free and have time why not pop along to MArKEt and come and say hi to us both.

We will be selling hand-crafted gifts, such as Cross Stitch Hessian Signs, Utensil Rolls, Needlecraft Accessories, IPad and Kindle Covers as well as a variety of Fun Gifts for Children.  Check out All Things PP Facebook Page for up dates on all our products.  

I love being a mum to Little Miss P and I hope that as I venture into motherhood again next month, this time with a baby boy (better known as 'Iggle Piggle'), I can echo just a small portion of the example set by my mum and all she has offered me throughout the years.  I am forever grateful.


Nice to see you again
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment