Sunday 15 January 2012

Happy New Year - 2012



So here we are 2012.

It is already the 3rd week in January and I have only just got the chance to wish you all a happy new year! 

I am not sure about resolutions.  I don't know about you but I am my own worst enemy and put myself under so much pressure, and when it comes to setting resolutions I am no different, when the clock strikes 12, I usually go  big on ideas!

Apart from the annual get fit target.




There are usually resolutions that turn up every year!
  • Give more time to my husband 
  • Cut out sugar
  • Be happy
  • Stop picking and biting my nails
  • Find a new job
  • Do more for charity
  • Save money
  • Go on a self spending spree ONLY when I have the money
This year I have decided to do something different.  I am going to work on new projects and learn new skills.

Ironically one of the original new years resolutions was to not take on so much! But here goes.

  1. Learn how to cover a lampshade
  2. Build and maintain a healthy vegetable patch
  3. Make a log store
  4. Frame photos and create a photo wall
  5. Organise more storage solutions
  6. Introduce lots of colour
  7. Learn to bake
  8. Plenty of mini projects with Pop's
  9. Landscape the garden bit by bit
  10. Recondition second-hand furniture



I would still like to think I can  work towards the bigger ones but with much more realistic expectations.  In the meantime I would like to enjoy time spent on the new projects and the skills I acquire along the way.

I will of course be sharing all the the ups,downs, trials, tribulations, successes, failures, the laughs and tears with you.

2012 will be the year of blog tutorials for allthingpp so keep visiting to join in with exciting projects.

What were your resolutions set for 2012.  Please share, I would love to hear them.

Time to get the trainers on for a Sunday morning run - isn't it one of the most satisfying when complete!


Nice to see you again

Xxx

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoy reading these Penny. I also have a very long list of things to achieve this year. Be nice to hear about your mini projects with poppy - it will give me some inspiration with Oliver xxx Twitter: @YummyMumReviews

    ReplyDelete