Monday 30 January 2012

A Whole lot of Thinking

As you may have noticed by my short, sweet and very much to the point blog on Sunday 22nd, I hit burn out, big time.  I was shattered, feeling quite low and despite several attempts of support from the other half I was unable to snap out of it.  There were a few tears (for a few days)!

I have been putting myself under too much pressure once more.  Only one month into 2012, I have set myself far too many projects, most of which I want to finish before I have even started.  I can be so very impatient.

When I put myself under pressure it seems that my mind fills with so many thoughts, about everything, anything and all.
This is not healthy thinking and just adds to the pressure I find myself under.   All of this is frequently and completely self-inflicted.

I would like to take my mind of things a little more, learn to switch off.  So know all I need to do is think about how I shall go about this?

This is my current Top 10 Thinking Therapies!

  1. Reading 
  2. Music 
  3. Cross Stitch
  4. Running
  5. Bubble Bath 
  6. Walk in the Woods
  7. Gardening 
  8. A Tidy Home
  9. Thoughts Notepad
  10. A Magazine

So the question I have for you today is how do you all cope with pressure or stress?  What are your strategies, indulgences or hobbies?  I need to clear my mind, no doubt to make room for further thoughts!

Nice to see you again.
Xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hello PP

    Firstly, can I just say how much I enjoy reading your blog! I can completely sympathise with your latest post and after many a similar days to yours I wanted to share my strategy to keeping a clear yet creative mind. I always try to ensure one project is complete before starting the next, this motivates me to finishing the project! I keep a sketchbook handy so that I can jot down all the ideas that are cluttering up my head which are then stored and saved for another day - interestingly, I often look back at the sketchbook and wonder “what was I thinking”! This leads me to my final point which is to spend time pondering ideas, if you love the idea that much it will still be there in a couple of weeks, months or even years when you have the time to realise it.

    Don’t be sad or feel bad about having a creative mind, it’s a good thing to be constantly inspired, you wouldn’t be able to do what you do so well if you’re mind didn’t run away with itself sometimes!

    RC

    ReplyDelete