Friday 15 June 2012

Fashion Friday - Panic Packing


Well what a day!

I rushed over to Chichester this morning to get Poppy some 'holiday sandals'.  Wow wonderful Joules, they are uber cute, pink and she loves them!  I also had a few errands to run for Mr P (who never panic's with packing), he gave me a list which included flip flops and swimming shorts (not too short, not too long, not speedos and definitely not like your dad would wear).  I successfully completed the mission.

Of course though, as you may have guessed this trip was not just for Little Miss P and Mr P, I may have had a small intention of grabbing a few last minute bits myself.  I managed a pair of sandals and a maxi skirt.  So pleased with myself.  Finalised with a spontaneous trip into 'Poundland' for some novel entertaining toys for the plane journey.

Then onto a meeting for work, not ideal for a Friday afternoon, but very interesting nonetheless.

Straight after that, rushed to the beautifully blooming Mrs C baby shower, only to find out her waters had broke the previous evening.  Thankfully she is very well, and amazingly managed to enjoy the whole afternoon.  Well done Z for organising and entertaining.  I'm so excited for Little Miss C's arrival, she will have the most perfect parents.  I hope she has it before we go (for her sake obviously).

So then home to a lovely dinner cooked by Mr P.

After dinner we ventured upstairs to sort out all our clothes ready for packing.  Immediately, I could feel it boiling up inside, stomach beginning to tighten, head swell, short breath...PANIC PACKING!

In my head it sounds a little like this:
  • I have no time
  • Where do I start?
  • What to wear?
  • I have no clothes
  • What sandals go with that
  • I have no sandals
  • This belt, bag and shoes match too well
  • Which nail varnish goes with all 7 outfits? 
  • I should have gone on a diet
  • Why didn't I make it to the gym tonight?
  • I have no time
Panic packing overwhelms me every time I go far enough away that I can not access my full wardrobe.  Now my sensible head knows that I have a huge selection of clothes and shoes, so why do I NEVER have anything to wear!  I also know that when I am on holiday I will wonder why I put myself under so much pressure.  

The pressure is not only now for my own panic packing but also that of my daughter, who now has a brand new wardrobe (including accessories) for the week.  We are so looking forward to taking Little Miss P on holiday, while we have been before she is of the age now where I know she will soak up every second.

Anyway all the selections are made now and I am sticking with them, well at least until tomorrow evening when the final panic packing takes place.     

So here are some of my favourite bits that I am 100% sure on.



Doesn't leave me with many clothes!!!

Am I the only person who goes through 'Panic Packing'?

Nice to see you again.
Xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment